Veterans Services

Veterans can receive assistance with applying for educational military benefits in the Office of Student Accounts, located on the first floor of the Carlton Center. All veterans, active duty services members, members of the reserves, and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans, should contact the Office of Student Accounts immediately upon deciding to enroll in the College so that proper administrative procedures can be initiated.

Veterans experiencing academic difficulty may be eligible for additional benefits to help defray the costs of tutoring services. Such veterans should consult with the personnel in the Office of Student Accounts to determine the proper procedure to obtain these additional benefits.

Students who wish to utilize Veterans’ Educational Benefits at ABAC must submit a certificate of eligibility or Statement of Benefits obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ website - eBenefits or a VAF 28-1905 form for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31).  The student must also be able to provide additional information necessary to properly certify their enrollment, such as the veteran’s Veterans Affairs file number. 

Students utilizing Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31) or Post 9/11 GI Bill (R) (Chapter 33) are required to pay the difference between the amount of their predetermined VA tuition and fee education benefits and their ABAC student account balance by the fee payment deadline each semester. 

Students utilizing Montgomery GI Bill(R)-Active Duty (MGIB - Chapter 30), Veterans’ Education Assistance Program (VEAP - Chapter 32),  Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA - Chapter 35), Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR - Chapter 1606), or Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP - Chapter 1607) are required to pay for any account balance by the fee payment deadline each semester.  No funds are received by the institution for these VA Education Benefits.

Veterans may present a copy of their form DD-214 to the Office of Student Accounts for access to additional benefits offered by the institution.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at